Frequently Asked Question
If any artist has an official artist channel on YouTube, all their music catalog is automatically organized into two new sections that show their music videos, songs, and albums.
Therefore, having an "Official Artist Channel" on YouTube is strictly related to having an "Artist - Topic" channel. That means, if an end-user wants to have an "Official Artist Channel" in this platform is necessary to accomplish the following conditions:
- To have an "Artist-Topic" channel automatically generated when they send their music to YouTube Music via our system. Here more information: Official Artist Channels.
- At least three music videos (3 song releases) provided by a music distribution partner in the Artist YT Channel.
If the artist meets these requirements they can proceed with their Official Artist Channel writing to [email protected] from your linked YT Channel email address. You will have to send them the following info:
- YouTube Artist Channel URL (where they upload all their videos)
- YouTube Artist Topic Channel (YouTube Music)
More info: https://artists.youtube.com/intl/es/resources/
- It's best to add all 3 songs:
- Release Dates
- For example:
- Title: Your Song Title
- Distributor: Your Distributor (In our case "Da Blessing Production")
- Release date: Date of release
- UPC: Your UPC (This can be found in your artist release under "Catalog" on web.dablessingproduction.com)
- ISRC: Your ISRC (This can be found in your artist release under "Tracks" on web.dablessingproduction.com)
- Personal Channel: Enter your Youtube Artist Channel
- Topic Channel: Enter your Topic Channel, (which can be searched on Youtube by typing your "Artist name Topic" Example below).
Example of an Artist Channel Topic search on Youtube below:
Official Artist Channel Playbook: http://services.google.com/fh/files/helpcenter/oac_playbook.pdf